Thursday, March 08, 2007

During the JAE, it was one of the toughest period of time for me because I had to decide if I wanted to go to a JC or a poly. I felt pressurized as well because at that moment I felt that my friends, relatives and teachers will look down on me if I were to choose to go to poly. After much considerations, contemplating and good advices from my relatives and friends, I decided to choose the poly route instead of JC and ignored all the nasty comments or discouragement from anyone. After the first three months at JJC, I realized that JC life didn’t suit me at all. The subjects in JC, especially general paper and Chinese will definitely be a killer for me. Even Chemistry and Physics were a struggle for me although I got an A1 during my o’level. Not taking pure Chemistry and Physics prove to be a disadvantage from my prospective. Therefore, during the tutorials, i had loads of questions that i did not manage to understand. Hence, i made up my mind and told myself that i would suffer for two years in JC and i should consider poly instead. As such, i went to all the poly open houses and tried to find a course that i like. The tourism and resort management course interested me the most but I felt that that course is too popular and surely many students who got better aggregate than me will apply for that course. So, I did not put that as one of my choices and had to choose between business studies and banking and finance. My mum gave me advice and she told me to choose banking and finance over business studies. I submitted the form online and chose banking and finance in Ngee Ann Poly and Singapore Poly for my 1st and 2nd choice respectively. I felt confident that I can get into Ngee Ann poly because the cut off point for last year was 15 but, I don’t know why for no apparent reason that the cut off point for this year in Ngee Ann was actually 11. The intake for this course is a mere 120 students.LOL.. I did not manage to make the cut since my L1R4 is 12. But I did manage to get into banking and finance at Singapore poly. I went to check out the cut off points for the poly courses.Surprisingly, the cut off point for banking and finance course in Singapore Poly is 12 and I considered myself lucky at that point of time. I was thus, elated that I managed to get into my ideal course choice rather than some other course that I did not pick in the first place. I realized at that moment as well that many people had the same mentality as I do and chose poly over JC. Hehe… So, I’m ready to begin my new poly life and make new friends there…. Can’t wait!!


now you notice i talk a lot!

About Me
Name: Hui Li
Age: 20
Birthday: 17th June
Horoscope: Gemini
Love: ARASHI, ♥Sakurai Sho ♥(Husband), EXILE, TAKAHIRO, YUI, Anime, Manga, J-pop etc

Watching

Variety Shows
- Himitsu no ARASHI-chan
- VS ARASHI
- Tensai Shimura Doubutsu en
- ARASHI ni Shiyagare

Anime
- Naruto Shippuden
- Kateikyoushi Hitman Reborn
- Nurarihyon No Mago
- Uragiri wa boku no Namae o Shitteiru


Tag Me!



Wish List

- Pray that ARASHI or any Japanese artists I like to have a concert in Singapore/Taiwan
- Be Proficient in Japanese
- Go to Japan to study
- Travel to Europe
- Watch a Manchester United Match in Old Trafford
- ARASHI and EXILE related stuff