Saturday, October 18, 2008
Today was our free day at Fukuoka.. So we decided to split into a few groups...
Forgel's group went to
Daizaifu temple while most of us wanted to sight see around Fukuoka... So our first stop was to the Fukuoka Castle Ruins... Thankfully i brought my umbrella along because it was raining... Along the way, we passed this lake which was totally covered with moss... [Picture below]... And seriously I thought that it was not a lake but rather a concrete ground or something... After that, we walked towards the Castle Ruins.. It was quite a large place and it was a pity that only ruins were left... After exploring the area, we walked towards a museum which had some
archeology's discovery and I took the opportunity to take some good photographs of that place.. From then on, we further split our group into two because me,
Jia Sheng and Sam wanted to sight see more instead of shopping... So Justin, Elaine and Cheryl decided to head back to shop...
As for the 3 of us, we went to the water gardens as Sam wanted to see it.. It was called the
Ohori Park and it was really pretty... The lake, flowers and greenery were fantastic... There were many people either exercising or just sat down on the benches provided to relax...
Our next stop for sight seeing was the Fukuoka Dome...
Along the way, we decided to have our lunch.. I had
Zaru Soba with Tempura and I could not finish my lunch.. But it was the best
Zaru Soba i had ever eaten in my life..
We reached the Fukuoka Dome at last... I was really excited because I knew lots of celebrities actually performed in there.. Of course that included
YUI!! There was even a hard rock cafe there and I went inside the stall... did not buy anything because it was quite pricey.. Apparently they had loads of statue like stands where they mold the celebrities' palm.. [picture below] Along the way, we also got a chance to see the Fukuoka Towel...
As the rain got heavier and being the only person who had an umbrella, we had to split into 2 groups and walked quite a distance to the train station... We bought train tickets to
Tenjin... We reached our hotel and put our staff that we had bought along the shops (I bought some sweets and stuff to eat to bring back home)....
We went straight to a shopping place called Shoppers'
Daiei Fukuoka where Cheryl, Marie, Elaine and Justin went for their shopping... I came across Mummy's bank (
Mizuho)
hehe and took a photo of it...
When we reached there, I just combed around the shops and decided to buy a shirt and bag for myself since I realised that I did not actually buy anything for myself...
Jia Sheng and I also went to the supermarket to buy foodstuff such as cup noodles, nuts, crackers etc to bring back home...
Along the way back, we walked towards the train station (if I'm not wrong that train station was
Nishitetsu station...), I chanced upon a
ARASHI poster!!
Wooo... so being a BIG
ARASHI fan, I stood there and took like 4-5 shots of the poster.... I also bought a
ARASHI photo book for myself..
Tycoon, Sam,
Jia Sheng and I decided to walk towards the
Hakata Port Tower to see the night view of Fukuoka.. It was around 9 plus but luckily the Port Tower was still opened for the public... It was free of charge and we went up to the Tower... Got a great view of the city but I couldn't take much photos due to my camera... It was only until 9.40pm that we actually ate our dinner at a
Ramen Stall just outside our hotel.... Was really hungry by then... Had lots of fun with the guys...
After dinner, I met Cheryl and the gang and we decided to have a so called "Mini Party" at Louis' room.... We went to the nearest
convenient store and bought loads of food stuff like pudding, ice cream, chocolates, drinks, wine etc... We played camp games and ate our food stuff... It was our last day there and we all did not want to leave this place.... I probably slept around 3.30am and had to wake up around 6 plus to eat our breakfast....

The view outside where we had breakfast..

On our way to the Castle Ruins....

Photo taken along this lake..

Fukuoka Castle Ruins... We finally reached there..

A lake which was filled with moss...

A description about the Fukuoka Castle...

This is how high the walls of the castle is as compared to me...

A random picture of me admiring the trees..
Beautful flowers along the way to the Museum..

A picture of this building site...

A sign of
Korokan Museum...


Inside the
Korokan..

Funny photo!!

Went to
Ohori park..

Outside the park...

Inside the park..

The magnificent lake...

The shop where we ate our lunch...

My lunch..
Zaru Soba + Tempura.. DAMN NICE!!

On our way to the Fukuoka Dome, we walked pass this shrine..

Went to Hawks Town Mall to shop before heading towards the Dome..

LOOK!! Hard Rock CAFE FUKUOKA!!!

Whee... hard rock cafe guitar...

The entrance..

FUKUOKA YAHOO! DOME.. AT LAST!!!
TADAAA.... Super happy to go there...

Frank Sinatra's hand... "I do it my.....way....

Fukuoka Tower....

Took a train back to
Nishitetsu...

My train ticket to
Nishitetsu...

Tenjin train station....

On our way back, I saw Mizuho...

ARASHI POSTER AT THE TRAIN STATION.. GOTTA TAKE IT!!!

Nishitetsu Train Station... So many shops...

Hotel Lobby.. Super tired...

Went to Hakata Port Tower...

Hakata Port Tower..

A sign...

My dinner... Ramen Again...

My room...Pai Seh..so messy.. Was Unpacking...

My Comfortable Bed...
Labels: Oita
now you notice i talk a lot!