Thursday, October 16, 2008

I woke up at 8.30am and had breakfast [Miso Soup + Rice... I LOVE THE MISO SOUP that my Okasan made... It's the best!!]
After that, Chie & I went straight to the Oita stadium or Big Eye because i wanted to go yesterday but it was too late.... IT WAS SUPER DUPER BIG!!!! Heard from Chie that this Dome mainly host events like soccer, track and field and concerts of famous singers/group like B'z.... We took photos and headed towards the Oita train station where i got to shop... Went straight to their comic shop.... Super HUGE!! It was just rows and rows of comics and novels...

Chie drove me to this place where i got to see the Takasaki Mountain... where more than 2000 monkeys lived... Really great view and I enjoyed watching mountains in Oita because there is none apparently in Singapore.... T__T!
Went to Umitamago (Oita's famous water aquarium).. The ticket cost me 1890 yen. Got to see many animals such as seals, sharks, stingrays, turtles, dolphins, jelly fish, starfish etc. I met 2 of my oita group members Samuel and Tycoon... apparently their host families brought them there as well..
We walked around there for about 2-3 hours... The weather was kind of bad and true enough it started to rain.... We then ate our lunch late at around 3 plus at a curry restaurant called COCOICHIBANYA... I ordered mushroom Coroque curry rice (Cost 680 yen) and Chie ordered Chicken Curry...
Interesting thing about this
restaurant is that you are able to increase the spicyness of the curry by paying more.. (The spicyness level starts from level 1 to 10).. I did not add any spicyness to mine but Chie ordered spicyness level one... She was kind of tearing up and i must say level one was pretty spicy... (Imagine level 10... think i'll die!!)

Later, we went to a Shrine (Oita Gokoku Jinja) and it was BIG. But Chie said that there are bigger shrines in Japan. I bought safety amulets for my family and myself which cost me 800 yen each... (Expensive..!!!)

Next we went to the Oita Sport Park which was called Stadium ONE. This place had about 4-5 levels where you are able to play sports, sing karaoke and play arcade games at a flat fee. It cost me 1,280 yen for 90 minutes but it was worth every minute. I managed to practice my batting skills at the batting arena... (SO COOLL!!!! FINALLY!! ALWAYS DREAMT OF GOING TO ONE EVER SINCE I SAW IT ON TV!!)
But of course, i suck at batting now... and Chie was hitting like a pro (well she used to be a softballer as well, playing 2nd base... ) We went to sing karaoke too and their karaoke ROCKS... (2 thick books worth of songs... 1 for Japanese and 1 for foreign songs.... SINGAPORE CAN'T BEAT JAPAN... I'm sorry but it is the truth!!)
I sang ARASHI's WE CAN MAKE IT.. Both Chie and I sang YUI's CH.E.R.RY and Ikimonogakari's Hana wa sakura kimi wa utsukushii.... Also played arcade games and at the last three minutes, Chie and I took turns to ride on the rodeo. It was super hard and i fell off the machine LOL...
After 90 minutes of fun, we were given 2 free UFO catcher games and 20 medal coins to play games.. Chie managed to catch 2 Rilakkuma bears and we each got one... =D... For the free medal games, we played loads of games such as Monopoly, Super Mario and Chie even played horse racing which was super cute.. [See photos below]

We went home after that at around 7pm and we ate Sukiyaki together as a family... YUM!! Apparently Chie's okasan works part time at a pancake shop and I was fortunate enough to try them.. I took the one with the custard filling and even though i was really full, i ate it!! And it was Oishii MAX!!! Ate strawberry ice cream also... (Surely I'll put on weight..) While eating, I watched Japanese shows and got to see their variety shows... Had my bathe and talked to Chie as it was my last night at her house... We talked about various staff until 12 plus... I couldn't sleep the night because the thought of leaving this home made me sad.... really loved this family and place...
Inside of Oita Stadium

The size of Oita Stadium Vs Me.... I'm tiny...

Chie.. My cute host!!! Driving...

Outside Oita train station

Shops along the station

Comic Shop... My favourite shop!!


A museum like place which is opposite the Takasaki Mountain

Umitamago aka Sea Egg??!!

Me and Chie!!

A unique worm like creature.. Chie's favourite...

Pretty Jellyfish.

Their Dolphins are HUGE!!! Well fed!!

Touching a starfish...
Outside Umitamago!!


Me with Kame aka Kamenashi? Haha I wish...

Mushroom Coroque Curry Rice!! OISHII DESU!!


Oita Gokoku Jinja!!

Inside the Jinja!!

We were the only ones there... It was raining!

People tie their bad fortune paper on this tree...

People write their wishes on these wood planks and hang in there..

Outside the Jinja...

Sports Park aka Stadium ONE...

Pachinko Slots.. Japanese's favourite past time...

UFO Catcher... Another Japanese Favourite!!!

Inside the Karaoke Room!!!

Can Play BasketBall here...

Chie playing the horse racing...

Labels:



now you notice i talk a lot!

About Me
Name: Hui Li
Age: 20
Birthday: 17th June
Horoscope: Gemini
Love: ARASHI, ♥Sakurai Sho ♥(Husband), EXILE, TAKAHIRO, YUI, Anime, Manga, J-pop etc

Watching

Variety Shows
- Himitsu no ARASHI-chan
- VS ARASHI
- Tensai Shimura Doubutsu en
- ARASHI ni Shiyagare

Anime
- Naruto Shippuden
- Kateikyoushi Hitman Reborn
- Nurarihyon No Mago
- Uragiri wa boku no Namae o Shitteiru


Tag Me!



Wish List

- Pray that ARASHI or any Japanese artists I like to have a concert in Singapore/Taiwan
- Be Proficient in Japanese
- Go to Japan to study
- Travel to Europe
- Watch a Manchester United Match in Old Trafford
- ARASHI and EXILE related stuff