Saturday, October 18, 2008
Yesterday was the first night where we got to stay in school's dorm... I really felt like a student there... I shared a room together with Elaine while Marie and Cheryl shared one... We woke up early at around 7am and had breakfast... I really like their toast because it was thick and fluffy.. Had it with chocolate...
We were given a tour around the school by
Kikugawa sensei.. Got a chance to see their classroom and the machines.. Apparently they still used blackboard and had a television along the corridor to inform them about
information etc.. Being a technology college, there were fewer girls in the school.. so we can see like only 3-4 girls in a class...
After that, we departed from
ONCT and headed to our first factory visit which was NIPPON STEEL COMPANY LTD... It took us around an hour or so to reach the place... We were briefed about the history of NIPPON STEEL by the person in charge and was presented by
powerpoint slides.. It was interesting seeing the process of how steel was being made in the factory itself and it was really hot... We got to see molten steel too... Cheryl was
fasinated by NIPPON STEEL that she wanted to work there..
haha..
We went back to
ONCT to eat our lunch and we were then presented a video by the students (which includes
Chie!!) They did a wonderful job by adding humour to the video while introducing the different facilities and buildings of the school... Great job!!
After that, we had a chance to experience
Kendo and Judo... Even though it was raining heavily, that did not dampen our mood.. We were eager to try out those two activities.. My camera was found in the toilet of the
schoo hall and I was back to my usual self again.. We watched a
demotration of
Kendo first and boy was it scary!!! It was a intense warm up... I tried it and it was fun!!! Next it was Judo which i did not try... Don't wanna be thrown by people... So the guys (
Forgel, Sam, Li
Yi and
Qi Zhi) tried it.. They were taught technique about how to make a person fall and how to throw a person... They did well and being
enthusatic as ever, Li
Yi wanted the student to throw him...
Haha... Elaine and I were then being interviewed by a
supposingly reporter and had our photographs taken.. (maybe I'll appear in their school magazine or something
haha!)
The girls took their leave first because we had a chance to wear
Yukatas during the tea ceremony.. It was my first time wearing it so I was pretty excited!!! Tea ceremony was a great experience and we got to try the tea and some pretty looking deserts... The tea was rather bitter and I had to drink it twice
lolz... We were then taught how to make tea and how to serve the tea which we made to the students... Had a blast!!
Ate dinner and we were changed to our sport's attire for sports recreation (
Volleyball)... We had to wear their indoor gymnasium shoes being provided so it was not necessary to bring along our own sports shoe... T___T! I realised that I totally SUCK at Volleyball and we were being trashed by the other teams... So i wasn't so
enthusiastic about it...
After that, we had our shower.. I opted for the shower instead of the public bathe... Felt shy as we had to take off our clothes and enter there naked... Anyway it was late so we could not use the public bathe... Had our usual meeting and it was time for bed...

My breakfast.. consisting of Toast with chocolate and Milk..

The school... That's the school's monument....

Kikugawa Sensei explaining us about the campus area..

Inside of a Japanese classroom..

Blackboard!! Haven't seen it for a long time!!

Sony Televsion!!!

Machines and Robotics...

Machines and Robotics...

4 Pretty ladies in Yukatas...

Backview : The bow is so pretty....

A photo with Cheryl and Chie

Tea Ceremony Begins!!!

My cup after finishing drinking the tea...

The sweet desert that i ate!! So nice!!

A group photo!!

The convinent store just outside the school..

Inside the store... If you see guys reading magazines at a CERTAIN section.. you will know that they are reading THOSE type of magazines...

My dinner.. Beef with salad, Chawamushi, Miso Soup and Green Tea...

Volley Ball!!!

Me, Jia Sheng and Tycoon in one team!!
Labels: Oita
now you notice i talk a lot!