Friday, December 05, 2008
Today was the day that I became a tour guide to foreigners (Japanese to be precise).... It was part of my Japanese Cultural Club activity and I decided to participate in it... I went along with Eveline, Ben and Cheryl.... We had to meet at 8.30am at Golden Landmark Hotel which was located just near Raffles Hotel (
Bugis MRT).. We were assigned about 3-6 students per group and the purpose was to bring the Japanese Students around Singapore according to a schedule..
We went into a room where we were introduced to our groups.. Being a person who will get lose in Singapore, I was super nervous because I myself had to handle 5 Japanese Students.. And when I got my schedule I was VERY sure that we won't be able to make it in time to see everything in a 4 hours plus time duration....
Our schedule was to
1) WALK from the hotel to ORCHARD ROAD... (EVEN I DON'T WALK TO ORCHARD ROAD FROM
BUGIS)
2) Eat at Cafe
L'esppre(T_T! I seriously don't know how to pronounce the name let alone know where is that place...)
3) Go to
Sentosa and visit Underwater World and
Cineblast (I haven't been to Underwater World for like 10 years?
Cineblast... what's that!???)
So, I decided not to bring my group to Orchard Road first and headed to
Sentosa to see the Underwater World and
perhaps the
Cineblast.. From the hotel, we walked towards
Bugis MRT where we took a train to
HarbourFront MRT... So I had to buy 5 single train tickets for my group and I realized something...
THAT 馬鹿 MACHINE DOES NOT ACCEPT NOTES ABOVE $5... SO WHEN THEY GAVE ME $10 notes.. I HAD LOTS OF TROUBLE!!! Anyway, i had to change with the control station people and we headed to
HarbourFront MRT... Bought tickets to
Sentosa and took a tram to Beach Station where the Underwater World was at... (There were many people who took the train and
Sentosa was filled with PEOPLE!!) On the way, we saw a beautiful Peacock which
spread his feathers in fashion and stood there, awaiting for a great photo to be taken... I didn't
hesitate and took a photo of it... Paid $17 plus to go into Underwater World.. seriously I myself think that It is 非常高い!!... luckily I had allowance and had discounted price.. (usual $22.90 O_O)... We were there around 11 plus and my group decide to have their lunch just outside the Underwater World... They were very interested in the Ice-
Kachang and I ordered one to let them taste... and they went おいし!!!
It was a time for socializing and I learnt quite a number of stuff....
1) They are younger than me... (16~17 years old)
2) They came to Singapore after visiting Malaysia yesterday and tomorrow they will go back to Japan..
3) They are intrigued by our train stations and double decked buses..
4) They are not into
Anime as I am... which is very sad to an
Anime Freak like Me... 悲しい!
5) 3 girls did not like the group KAT-TUN... I was shocked well cos' I like them...
AKIRA SHOCK!
6) They like to eat fruits and sweet (甘い) stuff....
7) It was the first time to travel outside Japan for some....
8)
Yuki liked Best
Denki and Turtles (カメ)...
After seeing the sea creatures, we hanged around the
Sovenier shop where they bought some chocolates and
keychains....
Sentosa!!

PEACOCK!! SO PRETTY!!

UNDERWATER WORLD!!

Jellyfish...

Seahorse..

From the left: Ms Morigana Sakurai Y.,
Ayumi,
Yuki,
Ayaka,
Kasumi &
FumiIt was around 12 plus and I told them that we will be leaving the place and took them straight to
Bugis Junction to shop instead of Orchard Road where we will CONFIRM be late.. We had to go back by 2.45pm to the hotel... They really liked sweet stuffs and they bought ice cream along the way as well... I wished that I had more time to show them places like
Bugis Street!! But time was limited!!

It was 2.45pm and the photo above was the last group shot I took with my Japanese friends...
Thoughts/Reflection:
1) I seriously needed to study harder for my Japanese... My Japanese communication knowledge and skills are not up to standard... Ben had the hardest time since he doesn't know Japanese..
2) The schedule was given just today and I was not prepared....
3) It was a good experience... but very tiring to handle 5 people...
4) I AM MORE JAPANESE FANATIC THAN THEM... (LOL?!)
5) I want to go back Japan and see my host family and friends there... SOB*
Labels: Japan, JCC
now you notice i talk a lot!