Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Having to plan for a freshmen orientation camp was not as easy as I thought it would be.... As the treasurer for JCC, the difficult part was to account for the amount of cash I received from the campers and also to keep track of expenses and the remaining balance...

1st Day: 6th June
As the camp started on 6th June, we had to plan way before hand the activities, items needed and the food as well.. The first day of the camp was quite relax.. the campers met up with us at 1pm and they were divided into the respective groups... It was a time where the helpers and facilitators got a chance to interact with their groups.. After the ice breaking games, the campers got a chance to design Hagoita which is a rectangular wooden paddle used to play a game called the Hanetsuki. After they had design the Hagoita, they competed in the Hanetsuki competition.. It was around 5 plus and they had their dinner at 6.. Apparently the food we ordered from the supplier was rice with veg and chicken.. but the chicken looked spicy... and there the problem began.. some of the campers could not take spicy food and we were lost.. It was not only 1-2 campers but there were like 7-8 of them.. That made me quite angry because number 1: They did not indicate that they could not take spicy food and number 2: The chicken was not even spicy to begin with... So I had to ask the other CCAs who are having camps to trade with us their food for us.. After dinner, we went to screen 2 movies in 1 room because the rest of the rooms did not have air conditions.. We did all sorts of things such as calling our teacher, opening new rooms and finally, at around 11 plus or so, the rooms had air conditions..

Bonding Time with their facilitators

Games!!

Our favorite intro game: Wacko

Designing the Hagoita....

Rough Sketches of the designs..

Hagoita Designs from all the groups...


2nd Day : 7th June
I only slept like 3-4 hours and I had to buy the bread for breakfast that morning... After breakfast, the campers got a chance to experience Origami and Chado.. I went back home during these 2 activities because they needed materials for the next activities... After lunch, we played indoor games such as Charades, building straw monuments, hands and legs and untangled hands.. The Charades were great because one of the options was Bomberman which was EPIC! Laughed really hard when one of the group members did that... Thankfully the weather was fine and we managed to proceed to the amazing race... Sheng Yang and I was in charged of the last station which was Sudoku... After the groups arrived (except for one problematic group who gave us problems), the groups had their dinner and time to prepare for the Talent Time show...

Talentine started at 10.30pm at the stage below the Convention Centre.. The host were Hui Jun and Melvin... Hui Jun was in a maid Costume and HE (Yes.. HE!) was great! His dance to Nobody but you was ICHIBAN!!
The 1st group acted out the scene from the game Left 4 dead... the 2nd group acted out characters from Anime series and we had to guess... I was pretty stun because I did not know like 50% of what they had acted out... (but I was sure that if it was a music contest.. I will definitely do MUCH BETTER!!) 3rd group acted out a scene of Yakuza because their group name was Yakuza.. 4th group danced to a Suzumiya Haruhi dance.... I was impressed by their dance because it was a good effort despite the time constraints.. 5th group acted out a scene of the Anime Soul Eater.. 6th group acted out a Japanese Batsu (punishment) game where the contestants wasn't suppose to laugh.. They had HG!! The winner for the Talent Time was the 1st group because it was short yet entertaining!


Chado which was performed by Hui Ning..

Origami Time..

Paper cranes..

Indoor Games!

Wining Team for the straw building game!

Hands and feet game..

Amazing Race Begins!

Clues to the stations..

One of the stations.. folding at least 1 crane in Seiza position in less than 5 minutes..

One of the stations: Food Tasting... Eeekk Natto!

7-legged race..!

Last station at last...

Talent Time Host: Hui Jun!

Talent Time: Left4dead.. Group 1

Anime Quiz by Group 2..

Group 6 with Suzimiya Haruhi Dance..

Our best male camper: Eric (Hard Gay)..

3rd Day: 8th June
I got more sleep than yesterday (around 5 hours) and bought bread for breakfast for the campers... After that, it was Prize Presentation and I was so jealous that the best male/female camper won a Suzumiya Haruhi photobook that was sponsored by our President!!! Best group was no doubt group 1 and the best Hagoita design was group 2...



Labels: ,



now you notice i talk a lot!

About Me
Name: Hui Li
Age: 20
Birthday: 17th June
Horoscope: Gemini
Love: ARASHI, ♥Sakurai Sho ♥(Husband), EXILE, TAKAHIRO, YUI, Anime, Manga, J-pop etc

Watching

Variety Shows
- Himitsu no ARASHI-chan
- VS ARASHI
- Tensai Shimura Doubutsu en
- ARASHI ni Shiyagare

Anime
- Naruto Shippuden
- Kateikyoushi Hitman Reborn
- Nurarihyon No Mago
- Uragiri wa boku no Namae o Shitteiru


Tag Me!



Wish List

- Pray that ARASHI or any Japanese artists I like to have a concert in Singapore/Taiwan
- Be Proficient in Japanese
- Go to Japan to study
- Travel to Europe
- Watch a Manchester United Match in Old Trafford
- ARASHI and EXILE related stuff