Monday, November 23, 2009

Finally the day I have been waiting for... The AFA 2009!! This year's event was most costly and of a bigger scale than the previous year probably because of the events that they had planned out. I was at city hall MRT station at 10am because I had to mark attendance for my club. We moved off as a club at 10.30am and I was anxious to get to Suntec Convention Hall because I did not buy the ticket before hand and was afraid that there will be a long queue. But to my surprise, there was no queue and we bought the tickets easily. We entered the hall and I was amazed by the number of shops... They had 2-3 times the number of shops last year and the stage was separated from the shops. We went to find the rest of our members and they were located near this karaoke stall where you are able to select a song and sing along. My friend and I took the chance to pick a song to sing. It was loads of fun!!

Eric Singing Macross Frontier 3rd Opening Song..
Melvin Cosplaying one of the characters in Hitman Reborn..
After that, I went to the stage area to catch KANAME... a famous Cosplayer in Japan. And yes, he is good looking!! (*Many girls were going crazy over him!!!*) Took many shots of him cosplaying different characters. I really like how meticulous he is. He is able to bring the Anime character to life by making sure that the hair, make-up, clothes are perfect. My favourite photo of him has got to be ACE from One piece... (LOOK SO REAL LAH!!) It is amazing how someone can make a job out of cosplaying.
KANAME SAMA!!

Cloud and Ichigo Cosplay.. SUGOI!!! Look like the real thing!

Great Stuff!!

My favourite one is KANAME cosplaying ACE!!

The various characters that KANAME cosplay..
After that, we had a one hour plus break before the live dubbing of the Anime series K-on. Many people were looking forward for this event because it was the first time for the seiyuus of K-on to appear outside of Japan. To kill time, I went walking around the stalls. They were selling from figurines, soft toys, t-shirts, towels, key chains to even pillow cases. They also had something new this year which was the maid cafe. Many guys were there.. (DUH!) but the prices of the food/drinks were expensive so I guess people who go there are those to take pictures with the kawaii maids.

Moe Moe Cafe!

Super Big K-on Poster!

Some stall selling weapons and figurines..
At 1.15pm, we were standing around the stage, waiting anxiously for the seiyuus of K-on to appear. No photography and video recording was allowed so I could not take any pictures! When the seiyuus appeared, cheers of joy engulfed the whole stage. It was great seeing live-dubbing for the first time. The seiyuus really sounded exactly the same so I find it super amazing!! Although I did not finish watching K-on, I managed to recognise the characters. Fans who sat at the front of the stage had a chance to win a signature board each from the 4 seiyuus. (LUCKY THEM!!)..

K-ON Live Dubbing!!

All the above Seiyuus came... Great Stuff!
Shortly after this, I took photographs of several cosplayers inside and outside the hall and went home. Hopefully they will bring more singers like YUI, UVERworld, STEREOPONY to host concerts for next year's AFA.

Tsubasa Chronicles!!

Kuroshitsuji's Ciel!

07-Ghost!

Love her boots..

Saitou from Samurai X!!!
Labels: AFA, JCC
now you notice i talk a lot!