Friday, February 22, 2008

Today was my first day working part time for any job. I got a job selling ice creams (Walls) at the Singapore Air Show ($6.50 per hour, 9am to 6pm).. I met Mel at Swissotel at 7.45am to take a shuttle bus which cost $5 per person to the Changi Exhibition Hall. We arrived there at around 8.30am and took a walk around the convention centres. I managed to take some photographs of the exhibition (Below). We set up the stall at around 9am and there weren't any person buying ice cream till about 11 plus. Today was actually the last day of the trade days. I met the two supplier uncles and i had to mend the push cart stall alone where i could view the Air show which took place around 12.15am. It was fantastic and there were many people who were amazed by the speed and formation of the "Black Knights". I also managed to see the A380 as well! And surprising it was not as big as i pictured it. At around 1 plus, i went back to the main stall and work alongside with Mel. Business was good and Mel decided to set up another push cart stall near the enterance while i handled the business at the main stall. Magnum ice cream was probably the favourite amongst the adults and the chocolate drumsticks were sold easily. We stopped work at around 5pm and both Mel and I were tired. We stood from 9am to 5pm without taking even a toilet break and not even have a chance to rest. I even had to eat my lunch while serving the customers (well i only ate half of my chicken rice which the uncle bought for both of us). I realised that selling ice creams is not as easy as i thought it would be. It proved to be challenging (you have to calculate the money and give the right change) and tiring(standing the whole day) at the same time.
















Labels:



now you notice i talk a lot!

About Me
Name: Hui Li
Age: 20
Birthday: 17th June
Horoscope: Gemini
Love: ARASHI, ♥Sakurai Sho ♥(Husband), EXILE, TAKAHIRO, YUI, Anime, Manga, J-pop etc

Watching

Variety Shows
- Himitsu no ARASHI-chan
- VS ARASHI
- Tensai Shimura Doubutsu en
- ARASHI ni Shiyagare

Anime
- Naruto Shippuden
- Kateikyoushi Hitman Reborn
- Nurarihyon No Mago
- Uragiri wa boku no Namae o Shitteiru


Tag Me!



Wish List

- Pray that ARASHI or any Japanese artists I like to have a concert in Singapore/Taiwan
- Be Proficient in Japanese
- Go to Japan to study
- Travel to Europe
- Watch a Manchester United Match in Old Trafford
- ARASHI and EXILE related stuff